Sunday, January 31, 2010

Going Viral

Though his book at times reads like a gripping novel, Adam Penenberg has written a roadmap for any marketer wanting to know more about how viral works, how to think viral, and why viral happens the way it does. Penenberg writes from the trenches as he provides the back story on how some of today's most successful viral companies started. But the podcast takes you deeper into how to make viral happen for your company.

Gripping is insufficient to describe Pennenberg's ideas. I am usually pretty good at taking notes while I am interviewing someone, but I was so enthralled in listening I found my notepad relatively blank after our twenty minute discussion. However, here's what I asked Adam -- you can listen to the answers in the podcast interview:
  1. What is a viral loop?
  2. Is this someting you create or something that just happens to you?
  3. What is a viral coefficient and can you use them in real time to predict your viral success?
  4. What is the difference, if any, between stickyness and viral?
And loads more....

-- David Kinard, PCM

No comments: